Did you know? EU citizens have the right to offer the EU Commission feedback about new EU policies and existing laws. And now, until the 3rd of April you can give feedback on its new Proposal on the Protection of Animals during Transport.
This is your opportunity to use your voice for those who don't have one.
Express your discontent with the proposal’s failure to omit a ban on live exports from the EU – a practice subjecting animals to excruciatingly torturous journeys, often ending in a cruel and painful slaughter upon arrival.
How to give feedback
- Go to Animal welfare – protection of animals during transport (europa.eu)
- Scroll down until you reach the statement “The Commission would like to hear your views” and click on the yellow textbox “Give feedback”
- Create an account or log in if you already have one
- Then you will be redirected to the page titled “Give your feedback on: Animal welfare- protection of animals during transport”
- Choose the language for your feedback and write it out. You can even attach supporting research in the "choose a file" section
- Select the category for your feedback, e.g. by indicating that you are an “EU citizen”
- Fill in your name, surname, email, and country of origin. Review your information
- Select the privacy settings and submit your feedback!
Visual guide on how to give feedback to the European Commission